Topics

Run a Windows program on the Pi

Terry L. Morris

React OS is a Linux distribution that is probably the most compatible for running most Windows programs. Whether it will run on a Raspberry Pi 4 is unknown to me. I have no desire to experiment with React OS.

Terry KB8AMZ

Mark Griffith

I think he was meaning software emulation would be very slow on a Pi. Your board is a PC class device.

VMware is probably the best virtual machine available now. Hundreds of corporations run all their servers on VMware with hundreds of thousands or more of virtual Windows machines.  But it ain't cheap!

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:21 AM, Larry Dighera
<LDighera@...> wrote:

I use one of the Udoo X86 boards for Windows (and Linux, either
natively or through WSL): https://shop.udoo.org/products/x86.html
UDOO X86 II is 10 times more powerful than Raspberry Pi 3, able to
drive up to three 4K screens at the same time

CPU: Intel Celeron N3160 2.24 Ghz
4 GB DDR3L Dual Channel RAM
Intel HD Graphics 400. Up to 640 MHz
32GB eMMC storage
Arduino Leonardo-compatible and compatible with most arduino shields
5V compliant.
IR interface.
LPC - 2 x I2C - GPIOs - Touch Screen support.
Management signals on expansion connector.
RTC Battery + Connector Included.
3 x USB 3.0 type-A sockets.