RPi 3B+ w/ Buster, Alsa, Signalink USB

Mitch

Anyone have any luck with this configuration?  Alsamixer cannot see the microphone input of the Signalink USB (or another USB sound card on hand).  The audio level is very marginal on the low side with the RX knob turned all the way up.

It looks like a driver issue to me.  I tested the Signalink USB on a recent Linux Mint version with the same symptom.

Pulse Audio on the Mint system seems to be able to see and control the microphone, but I would rather not burden an RPi with Pulse if at all possible.

Thanks,
Mitch, AB4MW

Daniel Holmes

I have a 4 that I just configured, and didn’t have any trouble with ALSA and a signalink. I did have to go into alsamixer and set the levels first, then fldigi and such seemed to work ok.

Dan

--
. Please pardon any mispelings or errors.

On Oct 9, 2019, at 1:32 PM, Mitch <ab4mw@...> wrote:

Anyone have any luck with this configuration?  Alsamixer cannot see the microphone input of the Signalink USB (or another USB sound card on hand).  The audio level is very marginal on the low side with the RX knob turned all the way up.

It looks like a driver issue to me.  I tested the Signalink USB on a recent Linux Mint version with the same symptom.

Pulse Audio on the Mint system seems to be able to see and control the microphone, but I would rather not burden an RPi with Pulse if at all possible.

Thanks,
Mitch, AB4MW

Mitch

That's the issue.  Alsamixer doesn't recognize that there is even any microphone to adjust.  It's so low that even FLDIGI's waterfall gain control won't bring it up enough for my satisfaction.  I was surprised when this happened in Mint on an x86_64 machine though.

Mitch

So nobody has RPi 3B+/Buster working with a Signalink??

Mark Griffith

Yes, it's pretty easy. What problem are you having?

Mark
KD0QYN

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM, Mitch
<ab4mw@...> wrote:
So nobody has RPi 3B+/Buster working with a Signalink??

Yaniv Eliash

I missed that massage,
I have both RPi3 and RPi4 on buster with Signalink.

If you don't have audio - try to plug the Signalink to your RPi *AFTER* your RPi boot
I found that when you plug everything and then power things up - you won't have audio I/O

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 22:34, Mitch <ab4mw@...> wrote:
So nobody has RPi 3B+/Buster working with a Signalink??

Mitch

Yaniv, That's quite interesting. Thank you. And I will try that.

Mark, "Anyone have any luck with this configuration?  Alsamixer cannot see the microphone input of the Signalink USB (or another USB sound card on hand).  The audio level is very marginal on the low side with the RX knob turned all the way up."