Topics

PIVPN

Don - W9JUN

All has been going great with PIVPN...Now all of a sudden it is blocking the internet..

ideas?

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

did you change anything?

did you reboot?

can you re-run the start up script?

check the logs?

etc

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:01 PM Don - W9JUN <radio.w9jun@...> wrote:
All has been going great with PIVPN...Now all of a sudden it is blocking the internet..

ideas?

Don - W9JUN

Well, I just restarted the vpn....And after nearly a month of failures, it has connected without errors....

Don't know....

I have been receiving this error continuously (udp link remote), but not as of 2 minutes ago

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

So it's working now?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:13 PM Don - W9JUN <radio.w9jun@...> wrote:
Well, I just restarted the vpn....And after nearly a month of failures, it has connected without errors....

Don't know....

I have been receiving this error continuously (udp link remote), but not as of 2 minutes ago

Don - W9JUN

Yep....Sorry to have wasted space on the forum....

yaniv@...

how is it ham related?

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 00:01, Don - W9JUN <radio.w9jun@...> wrote:
All has been going great with PIVPN...Now all of a sudden it is blocking the internet..

ideas?

Mark Schreiner

Well, for one example, I personally use a VPN for ham radio related activities, so I consider this to be pertinent.  I log into a VPN which then has a dedicated microwave link from "the shop" up to a remote mountaintop site about 8 miles away where an up-and-coming contest station is being assembled.  We are using the VPN instead of the "easy" way to connect to a Flex radio via the Flex server, however that works.  We have full functionality without going through Flex and it works well.

Mark, NK8Q

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:50 AM <yaniv@...> wrote:
how is it ham related?

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 00:01, Don - W9JUN <radio.w9jun@...> wrote:
All has been going great with PIVPN...Now all of a sudden it is blocking the internet..

ideas?

Damon Schaefer

That's how we're running a remote Flex w/laptop and accessories here in Northern Virginia as well, PIVPN. It works great.
-Damon K9CQB

--
Damon A. Schaefer
K9CQB

Video Presentation on VPN for NET-44 (Amateur Radio Internet) and IPv6)

Kingston, WA
K7VE

Don - W9JUN

Well, I was wrong....

PIVPN is connecting correctly now, but is blocking inet access. This is a new issue, and frankly, I have no idea how to look for hints in the log.

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

logs are stored in /var/log on the machine.  "tail /var/log/messages" for a start... probably nothing recent in there... so open it in your favorite editor and scroll around a bit.  Look in /var/log for anything that looks like a PIVPN log as well and edit/view that one.

If this is a dedicated PI, you can simply reboot it and hope that solves the problem...

or drastically, you could rebuild the SD card and start over.

Good Luck!

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:39 AM Don - W9JUN <radio.w9jun@...> wrote:
Well, I was wrong....

PIVPN is connecting correctly now, but is blocking inet access. This is a new issue, and frankly, I have no idea how to look for hints in the log.

Don - W9JUN

Ok, I'll take  peek...Thanks