bpq32.cfg

J Mathieson

I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

Don Gibbs KK4QAM

Did you try sudo ./linbpq?

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 12:04 PM J Mathieson <ruteuser1@...> wrote:
I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

Jim Erickson <jim@...>

The bpq32.cfg file should exist in the linbpq directory.  I can’t remember whether I created it from scratch or if there is a sample to start with.  I want to say I found a sample to start with, and saved it in the linbpq directory.

73
Jim

On May 7, 2019, at 08:53, J Mathieson <ruteuser1@...> wrote:

I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

Todd Kolmodin <n7try.or@...>

Hi, if you just got the pilinbpq executable it will not create bpq32.cfg.  You will need to build one.  Please see John Wiseman's examples:
Pay specific attention to LinBbq info as the Ports section for Lin/Pi BPQ are different than Win.  A lot of the standard parameters are the same for both.
bpq32.cfg should be created in the same folder that pilinbpq resides.
Also as mentioned if you don't have admin level when you execute pilinbpq it will give you an error on permissions.
If so, run as: sudo ./pilinbpq
If you want to start it as a service there is documentation on that as well.  From the command line:  sudo systemctl start bpq.service
That will start it in background.  To find the process:  ps -A |grep bpq
Good luck
Todd N7TRY

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:04 AM J Mathieson <ruteuser1@...> wrote:
I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

This link will provide a script that will create a bpq32.cfg file you can use to get started.  I solved my problems when I started with linbpq.  Once you have a working bpq32.cfg you can move on to modify it.  Always have a backup bpq32.cfg when you start playing with it.

http://www.prinmath.com/ham/howto/quickstart/
--
Bob AF9W

Todd Kolmodin <n7try.or@...>

Thanks for mentioning that Bob!  I forgot to add that to my reply. :-)

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:28 AM Bob AF9W <af9w@...> wrote:
This link will provide a script that will create a bpq32.cfg file you can use to get started.  I solved my problems when I started with linbpq.  Once you have a working bpq32.cfg you can move on to modify it.  Always have a backup bpq32.cfg when you start playing with it.

http://www.prinmath.com/ham/howto/quickstart/
--
Bob AF9W

J Mathieson

Yes, I think I am missing the bpq32.cfg file.  I would have thought one would be installed when I set the program up.    Also the site that I used as a reference says I should use a suitable bpq32.cfg file (?) . http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/PINodeSetup.html
I have been able to find a source of this file on the interwebs.  So is this something the user has to build and if so is the a guide to doing so.
Thanks

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:11 PM Don Gibbs KK4QAM <kk4qam@...> wrote:
Did you try sudo ./linbpq?

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 12:04 PM J Mathieson <ruteuser1@...> wrote:
I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

J Mathieson

Okay well that explans it.  Thank you.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Todd Kolmodin <n7try.or@...> wrote:
[...]

Don Poaps

Posting on the BPQ32 Yahoo Group will get you lot of help and info.

Don va7dgp

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 13:00 J Mathieson <ruteuser1@...> wrote:
[...]

New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

J Mathieson

Ahhh! That seems to have done the trick.  Thank you much.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:34 PM Todd Kolmodin <n7try.or@...> wrote:
Thanks for mentioning that Bob!  I forgot to add that to my reply. :-)

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:28 AM Bob AF9W <af9w@...> wrote:
This link will provide a script that will create a bpq32.cfg file you can use to get started.  I solved my problems when I started with linbpq.  Once you have a working bpq32.cfg you can move on to modify it.  Always have a backup bpq32.cfg when you start playing with it.

http://www.prinmath.com/ham/howto/quickstart/
--
Bob AF9W

J Mathieson

Thanks to all for the help.  Looks like another node up and running

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM J Mathieson via Groups.Io <ruteuser1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am setting a vhf packet station with my Pi3 and Tnc Pi wihich i have been using with YAAC for aprs.  We have more than enough digipeaters in our area and I would like to use my setup to linbpq packet.  I've installed linbpq and when I run ./linbpq it get an error message  bpq32.cfg not found error type 2.  Where do I find the bpq23.cfg file?

thanks in advance

J Mathieson

Thanks, will do that