: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Linbpq

Brian Clark

The web link doesn't appear to work John, here the document I am working from

73's Brian

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018, 9:53 PM Brian Clark <decompudoc@...> wrote:
Thank you John!

I will try these changes.

You recommend that I completely remove remove the axports file, so I won’t need that for any other config correct?

My goal is to be able to use the TNC to connect to BBS’s and use as a digipeater.

I found this tutorial to reach the ISS and trying to configure to work as described in the write up:

Thanks,

Brian

On Aug 30, 2018, at 10:21 AM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

Brian,

LinBPQ has its own ax.25 stack, and normally you wouldn't use it with Linux Kernel ax.25. So you should remove your axports file, not run either i2ckiss or kissattach, and configure linbpq to access the TNC_Pi directly. In the BPQ config KISS port definition put either comport=/dev/ttyAMA0 or comport=/dev/serial0, depending on the model of the Pi and the way you have configured its serial ports.

What error do you get when you try to run minicom? It may need chmod +x or it may be the configuration isn't correct.

73, John G88BPQ

On 30/08/2018 06:48, Brian Clark wrote:
I am using a TNC Pi and would like to use Linbpq.

My AXPORTS file looks like this:

# /etc/ax25/axports

#

# The format of this file is:

#

# name callsign speed paclen window description

#

1 KF6FES-1 19200 236 TNC 1 (19200 bps)

2 KF6FES-2 19200 236 TNC 2 (19200 bps)

(It appears that the # symbol is an un-remming command for a line in the file, and if that is the case, should I rem the 2nd TNC since I only have one TNC?)

I saw this in a posting and wondering if I need these lines in my AXPORTS file and if so, what does the 16, 17 indicate? Are those hex address designations?

./i2ckiss 1 16 1 10.0.0.1 and

./i2ckiss 1 17 2 10.0.0.2
When I run ./linbpq&, this is what appears:
G8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version 6.0.7.14 May 2014
Copyright © 2001-2014 John Wiseman G8BPQ
Current Directory is /home/pi/linbpq
Configuration file Preprocessor.
Using Configuration file /home/pi/linbpq/bpq32.cfg
Conversion (probably) successful
PORTS 1619ac LINKS 16264f DESTS 16540f ROUTES 16b3c3 L4 16c903
BUFFERS 172704
Com Open Failed: No such file or directory
Initialising Port 01 ASYNC /dev/tty01 Chan A /dev/tty01 could not be opened
slave device: /dev/pts/1. symlink to /home/pi/linbpq/com10 created
slave device: /dev/pts/2. symlink to /home/pi/linbpq/com11 created
TNC Emulator Init Complete
But according to documentation that I have, it should look like this:
G8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version 6.0.7.14 May 2014
Copyright © 2001-2014 John Wiseman G8BPQ
Current Directory is /home/pi/linbpq
Configuration file Preprocessor.
Using Configuration file /home/pi/linbpq/bpq32.cfg
Conversion (probably) successful
PORTS 1619ac LINKS 16264f DESTS 16540f ROUTES 16b3c3 L4 16c903
BUFFERS 172704
Initialising Port 01 ASYNC /dev/ttyAMA0 Chan A
slave device: /dev/pts/3. symlink to /home/pi/linbpq/com10 created
slave device: /dev/pts/4. symlink to /home/pi/linbpq/com11 created
TNC Emulator Init Complete
Is it because Linbpq is looking for a file called /dev/ttyAMA0 as opposed to /dev/tty01?
Also mincom won't open, and I think I need to use the command chmod 777 minicom
73's
Brian

Brian Clark

Hi John,

I tried to remove the /etc/ax25/axports file using the command rm axports, but it would not delete the file.  i tried to change

I ran Pilinbpq and received this response:

pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $ ./pilinbpq
G8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version 6.0.16.30 July 2018
Copyright � 2001-2018 John Wiseman G8BPQ
Current Directory is /home/pi/pilinbpq

Configuration file Preprocessor.
Could not open file /home/pi/pilinbpq/bpq32.cfg
Configuration File Error
pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $ ^C
pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $ ^C
pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $

when I try to set the ports using the pitnc_setparams command, i get this:

pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $ ./pitnc_setparams
usage: pitnc_setparams i2bus i2cdevice addr value
pi@raspberrypi:~/pilinbpq $ ./pitnc_setparams comport=/dev/ttyAMAO