Building a Raspberry Pi DMR HotSpot

Bill P.

Many neat components to build your own battery box can be found here :

Bill acj

On Jul 10, 2018, at 11:34 AM, Mark J Culross <kd5rxt@...> wrote:

Michael WA7SKG:

"Booster battery" is intended here as a generally descriptive term, rather than as an actual product name . . . i.e. a device that allows you to "boost" the charge in your mobile phone when it has exhausted the charge in its internal battery.  As you'll see on their website, Anker actually calls these "high capacity portable chargers".

Here's the specific 20000maH model that I use (actually, since I've had it for about 4 years, mine is an earlier version that puts out 5VDC only):

Here's a newer model with even more capacity (26800maH):

As a side note, I've traveled internationally to multiple countries & my 20000maH booster battery is always with me in my carry-on backpack.  I have never had any problems whatsoever at any airport security inspection area with this device.  My myriad of wadded up & tangled cables, on the other hand, have caused me a number of secondary inspections !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT