any suggestions for KISS/AX25 decoding Python Libs ?

N0AGI <n0agi@...>

Hey fellow RASPI/TNC-Pi users/devs

I am building an app in Python that opens a serial connection into /dev/ttyAMA0 (TNC-PI’s) and reads the inbound KISS / AX25 (APRS) packets.  The inbound packet however, needs to be decoded, parsed and custom processed.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Python libraries to decode the incoming AX25 format.  Once I get the decoding out of the way, I am planning on using APRSLib to parse and do the processing over the parsed object.

Thanks all

Nagi

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM, N0AGI <n0agi@...> wrote:

Hey fellow RASPI/TNC-Pi users/devs

I am building an app in Python that opens a serial connection into /dev/ttyAMA0 (TNC-PI’s) and reads the inbound KISS / AX25 (APRS) packets.  The inbound packet however, needs to be decoded, parsed and custom processed.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Python libraries to decode the incoming AX25 format.  Once I get the decoding out of the way, I am planning on using APRSLib to parse and do the processing over the parsed object.

Thanks all

Nagi

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

N0AGI <n0agi@...>

Yes, indeed I tried pip3 installing it, but, the install failed w/ a whole bunch of errors.

Check out the link dump here :

https://www.n0agi.com/cargo/

I tried also w/ pip install – same results L

I am building an app in Python that opens a serial connection into /dev/ttyAMA0 (TNC-PI’s) and reads the inbound KISS / AX25 (APRS) packets.  The inbound packet however, needs to be decoded, parsed and custom processed.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Python libraries to decode the incoming AX25 format.  Once I get the decoding out of the way, I am planning on using APRSLib to parse and do the processing over the parsed object.

Thanks all

Nagi

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

N0AGI <n0agi@...>

Apparently, I am not the only one who has seen this issue w/ kiss install

https://github.com/ampledata/kiss/issues/24

(no response from contributors there).

I am building an app in Python that opens a serial connection into /dev/ttyAMA0 (TNC-PI’s) and reads the inbound KISS / AX25 (APRS) packets.  The inbound packet however, needs to be decoded, parsed and custom processed.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Python libraries to decode the incoming AX25 format.  Once I get the decoding out of the way, I am planning on using APRSLib to parse and do the processing over the parsed object.

Thanks all

Nagi

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

N0AGI <n0agi@...>

If there are any other choices out there for Python, please let me know.  Thanks all again