Fldigi on Raspberrian

Marty Hartwell

Hi

Is anyone using Fldigi on the Raspberry Pi 2 B? Can I download the
source and set up the
RP 2 B to compile and install the suite? I think I have seen that this
is done, but I just got my
Pi 2 B and it is working, I got myself a microSD 16GB and used NOOBS to
load the OS, I do have
a 19 inch TV and mouse and keyboard so it is working and the OS is
installed.

I have order a 10.1 inch monitor which will be here by Wednesday so I
can move it to the room
with the network cable. Then I can download the fldigi source if I need it.

One more question I have a USB network wifi, can I use that, does any
one know.

Marty kd8bj

special@...

Marty.

Why not just do 'sudo apt-get install fldigi' ?
Thats how I installed it on my Pi2B and is the standard method to add software.
Or did you specifically want to compile and install it yourself for some other reason?

Slim G4IPZ

John Burt

Earlier this year I initially did that, but I found that the repository version was a few versions behind. So I spent a bit of time with Google and figured out how to build fldigi from source locally on the Pi.

Recently been doing house construction so don't know if I can find the notes, and don't know if I still have them, but it can be done.

73,
John
N9DVM

> Marty.
>
> Why not just do 'sudo apt-get install fldigi' ?
> Thats how I installed it on my Pi2B and is the standard method to add software.
> Or did you specifically want to compile and install it yourself for some other reason?
>
> Slim G4IPZ

Jeffrey Hardy

Good morning.

The repository version of FLDIGI works, but leaves out feature such as KISS that will allow interaction with AFSK packet radio.

I recently did compile FLDIGI on a raspberry pi.  When complete, I found that port audio was not installed-so a SignaLink would not work.
First I downloaded and compiled PortAudio: PortAudio - an Open-Source Cross-Platform Audio API

The I compiled FLDIGI. Th link below are instructions that let you compile a current version of FLDIGI on a raspberry pi.

The Pi processor is maxed out during this whole process and some command will take a couple of hours to execute (specifically the 'make' command.

Have a good day.

KJ6BOI

On Monday, December 28, 2015 4:08 AM, "John Burt jebn9dvm@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO]" wrote:

Earlier this year I initially did that, but I found that the repository version was a few versions behind. So I spent a bit of time with Google and figured out how to build fldigi from source locally on the Pi.
Recently been doing house construction so don't know if I can find the notes, and don't know if I still have them, but it can be done.
73,
John
N9DVM

> Marty.
>
> Why not just do 'sudo apt-get install fldigi' ?
> Thats how I installed it on my Pi2B and is the standard method to add software.
> Or did you specifically want to compile and install it yourself for some other reason?
>
> Slim G4IPZ

pmooney22@...

As others have said your choice, the repository or compile yourself.

Regarding wifi, this depends upon the device. Just do a search for Raspberry Pi wifi and you'll find plenty on networking the RPi.

You can also run the RPi headless (no monitor/keyboard) from a desktop/laptop, again a search will give you plenty of information.

HTH

Paul, 5B8BA

Marty Hartwell

HI Slim

Well I think the apt-get install will get you a several version old
fldigi, and if I want
the latest that has been developed as it is produced then I will need
to compile install.
There is a method in one of the wiki's that will setup a repository with
the latest version
and I may try that too although it is a day or so old which I don't
think in my case is too bad.

I should have my new 10.1 inch monitor on Wednesday so I can move to the
shack where I
have a network cable to connect it up to for downloads. So far I am
impressed. I do have one
of those USB dongle sound cards to use too.

Marty kd8bj

On 12/28/2015 02:50 AM, special@ilizarov.org.uk
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Marty.
Why not just do 'sudo apt-get install fldigi' ?
Thats how I installed it on my Pi2B and is the standard method to add
software.
Or did you specifically want to compile and install it yourself for
some other reason?
Slim G4IPZ

mathison ott

It's well as worth the effort to compile fldigi from source. Yes you will need to hunt down the depend libs, there is nothing tricky there. Do a googled search.