New Product from NW Digital Radio

Dayton Hamvention

NW Digital Radio announced, today, immediate availability of the DV3000 AMBE card.

There is a Hamvention special for $89.00, which will be honored for 1 month or until current inventory is exhausted (about 100, er make that 90 units).  You may purchase at http://nwdigitalradio.com/shop

This is the same card that will be used in the UDRX-440 but may be used with the Raspberry Pi.

Jonathan Naylor has adapted DummyRepeater and several wav / AMBE conversion utilities, which will be in his next beta release (Monday or Tuesday).

SVN users can get the code now, but there is a minor change that will be necessary.

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

John can you elaborate on what software and such will work on this?  Can I emulate a DV-Dongle if the Pi has connectivity?  That is what I've been waiting on.
Thanks!
Ronny
K4RJJ

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:06 PM, 'John D. Hays' john@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

Dayton Hamvention

NW Digital Radio announced, today, immediate availability of the DV3000 AMBE card.

There is a Hamvention special for $89.00, which will be honored for 1 month or until current inventory is exhausted (about 100, er make that 90 units).  You may purchase at http://nwdigitalradio.com/shop

This is the same card that will be used in the UDRX-440 but may be used with the Raspberry Pi.

Jonathan Naylor has adapted DummyRepeater and several wav / AMBE conversion utilities, which will be in his next beta release (Monday or Tuesday).

SVN users can get the code now, but there is a minor change that will be necessary.

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

The short answer is Yes.

See http://nwdigitalradio.com/blog

Once that is complete, then you can use DummyRepeater and ircDDBGateway to perform the same function as the DVDongle and more.

The first run is almost depleted.

Mike Brogan

WHY do people take trimming to extremes!!!!!

There is absolutely NO INDICATION of what question this post is answering!

Fine if you read the thread online but useless if you have the group delivered to your mailbox and the question originated days (or even 24 hours or so) ago - the question probably got deleted and filed away somewhere in the back of the brain.

Please leave at least the original question attached to replies so we all know what is being talked about, alternatively, if you don't think others will be interested, reply direct to the sender of the original question.

Perhaps I should delete the rest of the message so no one knows what I am talking about ;-)

--
Mike Brogan

g8jhe@...
g8jhe.radio@...

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

The question was what does the new board work with as far as software.  Sorry to offend.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Mike Brogan g8jhe@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

[...]

John is it fully assembled?  I am sure it probably is but I always ask because I have bought something I thought was and ended up with a pile of parts I am not too good at soldering with my eyesight.

I may not make the first run (8 to go) as Payday is Wednesday.  I will be in the next run for sure.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM, john@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

The short answer is Yes.

See http://nwdigitalradio.com/blog

Once that is complete, then you can use DummyRepeater and ircDDBGateway to perform the same function as the DVDongle and more.

The first run is almost depleted.

Mike Brogan

No offence taken, was just trying to make a general point about trimming - some people are taking it to silly extremes, you are far from alone.......

Just asking people to be sensible about it :-)

.

--
Mike Brogan

g8jhe@...
g8jhe.radio@...

YT9TP - Pedja

On 20.05.2014 20:01, Mike Brogan g8jhe@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

WHY do people take trimming to extremes!!!!!

There is absolutely NO INDICATION of what question this post is answering!

Fine if you read the thread online but useless if you have the group delivered to your mailbox and the question originated days (or even 24 hours or so) ago - the question probably got deleted and filed away somewhere in the back of the brain.

Please leave at least the original question attached to replies so we all know what is being talked about, alternatively, if you don't think others will be interested, reply direct to the sender of the original question.

Agree. But in Thunderbird there is an option to view messages grouped by thread. Very useful.