Topics

Eben Upton's Book "Raspberry PI User Guide"

Donald <tambeaud@...>

I am up to Chapter 9, "The Pi as a Web Server" in Eben's book and I have run into a problem Installing WordPress. When I put the following command: "sudo bash /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost" I get the following error..
bash: /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql: No such file or directory.
If anybody is using the same book and has run into the same problem, how have you solve it.
Thank you.
Don
VE3HOL

Vincent <n2ohh@...>

/usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql
Does the file exist and do you have permission to access/modify the file?
Which user are you running as?

--

Vincent Tompkins
n2ohh@aol.com

Bob Scan

sometimes things get installed in different places, at least that hs been my experience over time.

HAve tried seaching for the file:

find / -name setup-mysql

or try making the name in the find shorter with a wildcard:   setup*

> /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql
Does the file exist and do you have permission to access/modify the file?
Which user are you running as?

--

Vincent Tompkins
n2ohh@...

Donald J Tambeau <tambeaud@...>

I am running as Pi.   I have use the Sudo command all along.  The find/ command returns:  No such file or directory.

Thanks for your help.

Don

> /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql
Does the file exist and do you have permission to access/modify the file?
Which user are you running as?

--

Vincent Tompkins
n2ohh@...

Donald J Tambeau <tambeaud@...>

Hello Vincent,

The find/ -name setup-mysql returns:   No such file or directory.

Don

VE3HOL

> /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql
Does the file exist and do you have permission to access/modify the file?
Which user are you running as?

--

Vincent Tompkins
n2ohh@...

Vincent <n2ohh@...>

Did it ask you to run

configure

make

make install

? It seems like you didn't run make install since it can't find the setup program.
--

Vincent Tompkins
n2ohh@...

Stan Grigaliunas <k8srb@...>

Don,

I am also stuck on the same spot.  Was going great until now.

Did you find the solution yet?

Stan
K8SRB

I am up to Chapter 9, "The Pi as a Web Server" in Eben's book and I have run into a problem Installing WordPress. When I put the following command: "sudo bash /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost" I get the following error..
bash: /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql: No such file or directory.
If anybody is using the same book and has run into the same problem, how have you solve it.
Thank you.
Don
VE3HOL

Donald J Tambeau <tambeaud@...>

Hello Stan,

              No solution yet….if I find a solution I will post it.

Don

VE3HOL

I am up to Chapter 9, "The Pi as a Web Server" in Eben's book and I have run into a problem Installing WordPress. When I put the following command: "sudo bash /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost" I get the following error..
bash: /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql: No such file or directory.
If anybody is using the same book and has run into the same problem, how have you solve it.
Thank you.
Don
VE3HOL

Did you install mysql server?

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Stan Grigaliunas <k8srb@...> wrote:

Don,

I am also stuck on the same spot.  Was going great until now.

Did you find the solution yet?

Stan
K8SRB

I am up to Chapter 9, "The Pi as a Web Server" in Eben's book and I have run into a problem Installing WordPress. When I put the following command: "sudo bash /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost" I get the following error..
bash: /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql: No such file or directory.
If anybody is using the same book and has run into the same problem, how have you solve it.
Thank you.
Don
VE3HOL

Jaime Robles <jaime@...>

You cab try

sudo find / -name setup-mysql

to find the file or directory, in case it exists and the install script is wrong.

It may be that the script setup-mysql is there but it does not have exec permissions...
Then chmod +x setup-mysql
would help...

My 2 cents :-)

EA4TV

El 03/02/2013 02:46, "Stan Grigaliunas" <k8srb@...> escribió:

Don,

I am also stuck on the same spot.  Was going great until now.

Did you find the solution yet?

Stan
K8SRB

I am up to Chapter 9, "The Pi as a Web Server" in Eben's book and I have run into a problem Installing WordPress. When I put the following command: "sudo bash /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql -n wordpress localhost" I get the following error..
bash: /usr/share/doc/wordpress/examples/setup-mysql: No such file or directory.
If anybody is using the same book and has run into the same problem, how have you solve it.
Thank you.
Don
VE3HOL

Can you perhaps try the same command I use in linux to find that? eg: sudo updatedb, then "sudo locate (filename)"???

Donald J Tambeau <tambeaud@...>

Hello John,

              You might be on to something John.  Here is what happens when I give the following command.

Sudo apt-get install mysql-server

Reading package lists….Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information….Done

E: Unable to locate package mysql-server

So I thought that the mysql was not  installed so just to make sure, I gave the following command.

Sudo mysql –uroot –p

And it asked me for my password….so it must be installed.

Thanks for your help.

Don