From: Kristoff Bonne
To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 6:34 PM
Subject: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] addon board on group photo

Hi,

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

Max

It's a prototype of a TNC-x that will connect directly to the Raspi. Last I heard the designer is waiting on the PCB. Pretty cool huh. I want at least one.

Max

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

John G8BPQ

Kristoff,

The photo is a standard TNC-X board, which I modified by supergluing a bit of matrix board with a 26 way header to it. It is complete and functional - the missing components are for the USB or RS232 interfaces that are not needed. It connects to the async port on the PI header. This was the prototype for the PI TNC which should soon be available.

73, John G8BPQ

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

Are you going to have them on your site for sale as kits or completed TNCs?  I'd like to be in on the first run if you are taking pre-orders.  What is your expected price range?
Ronny
K4RJJ

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

Kristoff,

The photo is a standard TNC-X board, which I modified by supergluing a bit of matrix board with a 26 way header to it. It is complete and functional - the missing components are for the USB or RS232 interfaces that are not needed. It connects to the async port on the PI header. This was the prototype for the PI TNC which should soon be available.

73, John G8BPQ

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

John G8BPQ

Ronny,

There is a fair bit of info on the TNC in this group's message archive, but to summarize, the TNC will be supplied by John Hansen W2FS, the maker of the TNC-X, and will be available, probably via the TNC-X website, in both kit and ready made form. Price and delivery aren't yet finalised, but I expect the kit to be in the $40-50 range, and availability in a few weeks.

73, John

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

Thanks!  I'll get a separate Pi for this and be ready for first run.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:16 AM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

Ronny,

There is a fair bit of info on the TNC in this group's message archive, but to summarize, the TNC will be supplied by John Hansen W2FS, the maker of the TNC-X, and will be available, probably via the TNC-X website, in both kit and ready made form. Price and delivery aren't yet finalised, but I expect the kit to be in the $40-50 range, and availability in a few weeks.

73, John

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

John is this still on the way?  Looking forward to it.  Thanks!
Ronny

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...> wrote:
[...]

They shouldn't be long. John is testing it at the moment, and I understand the first few will be advertised soon. The main batch of boards may be slightly delayed by the Chinese New Year.

73, John G8BPQ

Perhaps a stupid question but can somebody say what is the RPi addon
board on the photo of the group on yahoo?

(it doesn't even seams to be complete)

73
Kristoff - ON1ARF

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

I forgot that all China Post is stopped pretty much also.    Hope to have an assembled before Field Day.  Any way to pre-order?  I would put in a Paypal now for a ready to use unit off the line.