RPI Rev 2 Board

Jerome K <JKutche@...>

http://www.raspberrypi.org

I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
Not a big change but a few small ones..
Reasd all about it..

vbifyz

Making I2S interface easily available is a big change for the ham radio applications. Now audio codec chips can be connected directly to RPi.

73, Mike

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Jerome K" <JKutche@...> wrote:

http://www.raspberrypi.org

I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
Not a big change but a few small ones..
Reasd all about it..

Perry Chamberlain <canoeman@...>

Adafruits linux disro for the pi has this blurb about their version of wheezy.

"Our distro is based on "Wheezy" but comes with hardware SPII2Cone wire, and WiFi support for our wifi adapters. It also has some things to make overall hacking easier such sshd on startup (with key generation on first boot) and  Bonjour (so you can simply ssh raspberrypi.local from any computer on the local network)"

Ke6anm

Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>

From: Jerome K <JKutche@lehighcement.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 Time: 18:35:47

I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..
Looking at the picture, how does one tell it is a Rev 2 board? Is it marked as such on the other side?

Ian, G3NRW

The TS-590S Resources Page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

The TS-990S Resources Page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-990.htm

John G8BPQ

Ian,

It has two mounting holes (the original has none), and is marked “Made in UK”.

73, John

>I see they have anounced the Rev 2 board..

Looking at the picture, how does one tell it is a Rev 2 board? Is it
marked as such on the other side?

Ian, G3NRW

The TS-590S Resources Page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

The TS-990S Resources Page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-990.htm

Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA <JKutche@...>

They also removed the fuses for the USB port and If emmory serves from what I read it has been reconfigured so you can plug more into it.. But read up at the raspberry pi site it tells whats new..

I personally may wait for a rev 3 board since I have so many already and those minor changes does not affect what I am planning here... 73

Jerry Kutche
Electrical Supervisor

Lehigh Cement Company LLC
180 N. Meridian Road
Mitchell, IN  47446
Phone:  (812) 849-2191 ext. 251
Fax:  (812) 849-5007
Cell: (812) 583-0445
jkutche@...
www.lehighcement.com

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.