Linux

James

I am the proud new owner of a Raspberry Pi. I know next to nothing about Linux so this is a new experience. Can anyone reccommed any books? I cheated and bought a SD with Denubian already loaded on it.

Paul Harrison <paul.harrison@...>

Ha, that's not cheating, that's sensible.

Paul. DJ0CU

K Adlam

On Aug 26, 2012, at 12:02 PM, "James" <jamesdboyer@...> wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a Raspberry Pi. I know next to nothing about Linux so this is a new experience. Can anyone reccommed any books? I cheated and bought a SD with Denubian already loaded on it.

James

Thanks,
I joined. Hard to figure out where to start.

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, OAT <kd6oat@...> wrote:

Join linuxforums.org

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 26, 2012, at 12:02 PM, "James" <jamesdboyer@...> wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a Raspberry Pi. I know next to nothing about Linux so this is a new experience. Can anyone reccommed any books? I cheated and bought a SD with Denubian already loaded on it.

Books?   Do they still make those?

Here are a couple good places to get started.

https://learn.adafruit.com/series/learn-linux-with-raspberry-pi

https://learn.adafruit.com/series/learn-raspberry-pi

Here are hundreds and hundreds of small projects.
You can learn lots of useful techniques here.

https://learn.adafruit.com/category/raspberry-pi

https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/