Re: RPi Mobile with MoPi2 and Raspberry Touchscreen

Daniel Holmes

You are at the point I am—and just can’t seem to find the few hours I need to experiment. The other option—there is a connection for a 5v relay that could work too.

Good luck,
Dan

--
. Please pardon any mispelings or errors.

On Dec 27, 2019, at 11:20 PM, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

I thought that may be the case. I'll have to find some jumpers. I've had the screen for several years and only just now got around to fiddling with it. It is mounted in a Smarti Pi case. I'll have to take everything apart, but I think it will work. I have the pin extender on order as it will be needed for the TNC-Pi mounted over the MoPi board.

Now I just have to look for what pins to connect to.

Thanks,
Michael WA7SKG

Daniel Holmes wrote on 12/27/19 7:20 PM:
My 7” monitor is powered by a couple pins on the GPIO header—can that work? You can get a pin extender so the MoPi rides on the GPIO header, then the extra pins there should power the screen. Otherwise you can attach a couple more leads to the output of the MoPi and use it.
Dan
--
. Please pardon any mispelings or errors.
On Dec 27, 2019, at 6:58 PM, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

I am setting up an RPi for mobile operation using the 7" "official" RPi touchscreen. Initially, I was using a Powerwerx USBuddy 12V-5V converter feeding both devices via a "Y" cable. For whatever reason (still under investigation), that did not seem adequate and I got a constant "Low Voltage" lightning bolt on the screen. I found and acquired a MoPi 2 power supply hat that will adequately power the RPi from 12V. My concern now is powering the monitor. I am trying to minimize the number of various cables, adapters, line lumps, etc. in this installation. I am also running out of ports on my 12V distribution system.

Is anyone familiar with this power supply and any suggestions on how to power the monitor from it?

tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG