Re: 12V Power for the Pi (was Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Getting back to the RPi)

bbillp

The WittyPI III from UUGEAR will take input to 15V to power the Pi, the WittyPi also contains an accurate RTC and lots of automatic power up and power down programming options. I use 4 of these to control my sky cameras.

Any number of 7805 regulators and micro sized DC to DC regulators are available for 5 volts output. I also use OLD USB cables to connect power to the Pi as the wire conductors are large and can carry the current. Bill k6acj.