Re: PI-TNC Configure issue with LINBPQ and Bluetooth

David Ranch

Hey John,

Oh, this is great news and I hadn't heard of this until now.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I've found a bit more here on a post on the Official Rpi forums:

   https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=244827

Seems there are some caveats to using these new UARTS as they can take over other important pins used for say I2C-0, I2S, etc.

It's interesting that the official UART details on the Rpi <=3 doesn't include this detail yet:

   https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/uart.md

On 12/14/2019 01:57 AM, John Wiseman wrote:
Dan,

The normal way to add a second TNC-pi is to use i2c. But the Pi4 has an extra 4 serial ports that can be enabled if needed so you cold use one of those. The downside is that you can't just stack it on top of the original - you'd have to connect with jumper wires.

73,
John