Re: Morse code program for Raspberry Pi

David Ranch

It's been discussed many times in various linux forums but doing CW properly isn't very easy.  The consensus keeps coming back to using a keyer such as a WinKeyer chip maintain proper TX timing, etc.  There are various Linux programs that support the Winkeyer but to get superior decodes, I would recommend to start with Flwkey as a lot of effort has gone into that code to decipher variably timed transmissions, decode through various weak signal and fade scenarios, etc:

   http://www.w1hkj.com/flwkey-help/

On 12/10/2019 09:35 AM, Daniel Holmes wrote:
I’m not familiar with the exact setup (In college around the same time, I wrote an x86 assembly program for a class to decode CW via serial port!), but FLDIGI will decode CW nicely using a sound card setup.

Dan
--
Daniel Holmes, danielh@...
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin