Re: Morse code program for Raspberry Pi

Daniel Holmes

It also transmits CW using the sound card. On most radios it ends up being a sideband signal, and not true CW due to the data nature of the interface, but it’s generally still copyable—I really can’t tell a difference when I’m working it.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel Holmes, danielh@...
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin

On Dec 11, 2019, at 5:03 AM, Doug Baker via Groups.Io <kfourcle@...> wrote:

Thanks Dan.  I'll investigate that possibility. I would still need to come up with a way to transmit CW using  the Pi's keyboard.  Since FLDIGI is opensource, maybe l cold add the encode capability??  I'll take a look at his code.

Doug

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:35 AM, Daniel Holmes
<danielh@...> wrote:
I’m not familiar with the exact setup (In college around the same time, I wrote an x86 assembly program for a class to decode CW via serial port!), but FLDIGI will decode CW nicely using a sound card setup.

Dan
--
Daniel Holmes, danielh@...
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin

On Dec 10, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Doug Baker via Groups.Io <kfourcle@...> wrote:

Long time back I had a CW send/receive program than ran under DOS (Quick and Easy CW with the PC, WB8DQT, QST - Jan. 1995).  It used the parallel port on the PC for sending and displaying the received code.  Has anyone been successful at developing a similar program to run on one of the versions of a Raspberry Pi? I realize it would require a piece of hardware that would have to interface with some of the Pi's GPIO pins.  I am not opposed to building something, just don't see a need to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done by someone!  Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

73's, Doug - k4cle