Re: R-pi4 4GB email with claws

Marty Hartwell

Yes Rick I am using Oauth2 in all four units, everything is setup the SAME the Pi gives incorrect "validation" as a response.

Thanks for responding though.

Marty kd8bj

On 12/10/19 10:12 AM, Rick Harkins WØYGH wrote:
Oauth2 is the key. If your client supports it, then you don't need the app password. Not many clients support it.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019, 10:07 AM Martin Cooper <kd6yam@...> wrote:
I can't say when you do and don't need this, but I set up Thunderbird (v 68.2.1) on a Xubuntu system just a few days ago, asked it to add my GMail account, and it did so without any fuss at all, and without any application passwords. What you need to do is make sure the authentication method is set to OAuth2.

Martin.
KD6YAM

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM Rick Harkins WØYGH <rick.harkins@...> wrote:
To use Gmail with anything other than your browser, you need to create an application-specific password in your Google account.

Here's a good explanation of how to do it:

You could also do a Google search for 'application specific password for gmail'.

73,
Rick W0YGH

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019, 6:35 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:
Hi

I have my Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB in the setup stage trying to get it to
connect

to my Gmail account. Has anyone tried this and got it to work. Also I am
trying

to connect my Gmail account to the Thunderbird installed from the
Repository.

I have it setup the same as on my other PC's but it comes back with invalid

name and password. Yet is correct, any ideas on either, I thought it
might be nice

to give Claws a shot Thunderbird is a little bloated now.

Marty kd8bj