Re: R-pi4 4GB email with claws

Marty Hartwell

Hi Martin

Yes all of that is correct on all three of my laptops, and the same information on the Pi. The laptops

work well and the Pi gives the error of incorrect validation. So in my mind the problem is in

the Thunderbird and Claws on the Pi, bottom line problem on the maybe in OS, or in the applications.

Marty kd8bj

On 12/10/19 10:06 AM, Martin Cooper wrote:
I can't say when you do and don't need this, but I set up Thunderbird (v 68.2.1) on a Xubuntu system just a few days ago, asked it to add my GMail account, and it did so without any fuss at all, and without any application passwords. What you need to do is make sure the authentication method is set to OAuth2.

Martin.
KD6YAM

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM Rick Harkins WØYGH <rick.harkins@...> wrote:
To use Gmail with anything other than your browser, you need to create an application-specific password in your Google account.

Here's a good explanation of how to do it:

You could also do a Google search for 'application specific password for gmail'.

73,
Rick W0YGH

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019, 6:35 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:
Hi

I have my Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB in the setup stage trying to get it to
connect

to my Gmail account. Has anyone tried this and got it to work. Also I am
trying

to connect my Gmail account to the Thunderbird installed from the
Repository.

I have it setup the same as on my other PC's but it comes back with invalid

name and password. Yet is correct, any ideas on either, I thought it
might be nice

to give Claws a shot Thunderbird is a little bloated now.

Marty kd8bj