Re: R-pi4 4GB email with claws

Marty Hartwell

Hi Rick

If one is using the same application namely Thunderbird and using the same setup is using

an application specific password and it works on three laptop pc's but not on the PI.

However I am going to look at the link you sent just to see if there is a hint as what I am

seeing.

Thanks

Marty kd8bj

On 12/10/19 8:59 AM, Rick Harkins WØYGH wrote:
To use Gmail with anything other than your browser, you need to create an application-specific password in your Google account.

Here's a good explanation of how to do it:

You could also do a Google search for 'application specific password for gmail'.

73,
Rick W0YGH

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019, 6:35 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:
Hi

I have my Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB in the setup stage trying to get it to
connect

to my Gmail account. Has anyone tried this and got it to work. Also I am
trying

to connect my Gmail account to the Thunderbird installed from the
Repository.

I have it setup the same as on my other PC's but it comes back with invalid

name and password. Yet is correct, any ideas on either, I thought it
might be nice

to give Claws a shot Thunderbird is a little bloated now.

Marty kd8bj