Re: R-pi4 4GB email with claws

Marty Hartwell

Hi David

Yes, that thought has crossed my mine. I do have a Yahoo email account that I can attempt

to connect to also with Claws and T'bird and send some test messages to, and see how that

might work on the Pi. I do see where g4sra is on a UK yahoo account but don't know if he

is using it on a Pi or not.

Marty kd8bj

On 12/10/19 8:31 AM, David KD4E wrote:
Or, just refuse to use gmail?  :-)

On December 10, 2019 08:30:22 "g4sra via []" <g4sra=yahoo.co.uk@[]> wrote:

Jim is correct. There is an issue with GMail.
This also applies to any new PC, Tablet, etc.

After permitting "insecure" (in reality more secure but Google dont want you using it) apps\connections in your GMail settings.
You will also need to connect to GMail using a browser running on your new Pi.
That way Google can snoop all your information and log the identity of the connecting device for comparison next time you log in (from thunderbird say).

On 10/12/2019 01:18, Jim Higgins wrote:

I don't use Gmail, so the terms I use will probably be incorrect...

What you probably need to do is somehow tell Gmail you're using a client of some sort that Gmail doesn't consider to be secure. Once they know you're willing to use an insecure client, you should be OK with that client.

With that concept in mind, search Gmail for details about using an old or insecure client.

73 de Jim, KB3PU

Received from Marty Hartwell at 12/9/2019 22:26 UTC:

Hi Bob

Yes that is what I was doing but I really don't like the Gmail site layout, and I have a lot
of Ham related saved emails I use for reference. So I think I really would like to get Claws
working with Gmail but on both I receive error message saying my credentials are incorrect.
I have verified everything as the same as on my working laptop.

I guess I will just keep playing with it.

Thanks

Marty kd8bj