Re: My experience with the ham load by W3DJS

Joe Spears

I have played with the image and have not had the problems others have reported.  I copied the image and booted up.  Connected to the auto hotspot with ssh and did some configuration with raspi-config including changing screen resolution for VNC to work.  Edited wpa_supplicant.conf and added the networks I want to check for before resorting to the auto hotspot.  I have done a number of updates JS8Call, WSJT-X, etc. and all is good.  I suspect more effort needs to be spent documentation to make it easier for those less familiar with Raspberry Pi's and Buster.  I like having the auto hotspot and it in no way interferes with my ability to use the image on my home network.  The hardest part was figuring out the IP address and password to log in the first time.

Dave has made a great contribution to the community and we should help him any way we can with improving the documentation.  The image is a great educational tool and supporting documentation would improve the educational value as well as making it easier for new folks working with the image.  I have added a folder for various pieces of program documentation in the Documents folder.

Joe AF1E