Re: My experience with the ham load by W3DJS

Brian Webster

Remember that if you are going in to terminal mode to turn off the hotspot feature, that command is case sensitive. If you turn it off, the Ethernet port will work as expected when plugged in to your home network. Others have posted hints on how to get the Wi-Fi also working as a client but I have not tried to do that yet as I just have mine plugged in to Ethernet. I would imagine that any of those additional instructions will be case sensitive as well. Linux is real picky about commands, file configurations, and such with typing things EXACTLY as they appear in any directions.

Thank You,

Brian N2KGC

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io [mailto:RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Al Duncan VE3RRD
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 11:45 AM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] My experience with the ham load by W3DJS

Tried putting the two DNS entries that the other computers are using into /etc/systemd/resolved.conf but no change (even tried 8.8.8.8), still can't reach a DNS  server.

The W3DJS package is a good idea but I will be going back to a regular Raspbian install until these problems are resolved - maybe in the next release of his ISO?

73 - AL

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.