Re: My experience with the ham load by W3DJS

Eric

If your pi is automatically getting an ip address from the router, is the router set to provide dns addresses?

The dhcp client often overwrites the resolv.conf file to reflect the information coming from the router.   There should be a confirmation option for the Pi's dhcp client to prevent it from changing the resolv.conf file.

Eric

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 16:41 Al Duncan VE3RRD <ve3rrd@...> wrote:
The W3DJS image loaded OK on my new Raspberry Pi 4B but the problem I have is being unable to update.
My Pi is hardwired to the router and has an IP from the router (I can also log into the router and see that it has been assigned one) but the pi seems unable to reach a name server, so I can't sudo apt-get anything.
On searching the internet I found the comment about using "sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf" to check the nameserver entry. I found only one entry: "127.0.0.1" and so changed that to the suggested 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 entries and then rebooted the pi.
But still no luck, when I use the browser to try to connect to Google, I get "err_name_resolution_failed".
Anyone solved this issue?
73 .. AL  VE3RRD