Re: My experience with the ham load by W3DJS

Marty Hartwell

Hi Dave

I have been trying to get the autohotspot off for several days now.

I tried doing this and during raspi-config network #2 I get failed to communicate with

wpa_supplicant following an enter key it says "There was an error running option N2 wifi"

so not sure why from here.

However on your next time around if it is soon I will wait and do the download again using

bit torrent.

Marty kd8bj

On 11/18/19 11:48 AM, Dave Slotter, W3DJS wrote:
To remove the auto Wi-Fi hotspot, do these two steps on the Raspberry Pi console:

sudo systemctl disable autohotspot.service
In the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file remove the line that was added ("sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf"):

nohook wpa_supplicant
That's it as far as removing it. You can now run sudo raspi-config and select 2: Network Options, followed by N2: Wi-Fi and enter in your WiFi SSID and passphrase.

Hope this helps. (Next image I create won't have the auto-hotspot feature enabled -- it's created too much confusion.)

--
- Dave
  W3DJS