Re: Virtual Sound Card?

Mark Griffith

Yeah, you can use a SignaLink USB to receive audio from two radios using the plain old audio jacks in the back.  No need for a custom cable  Then use two apps to read the audio input from the alsa 1.0 port.

Unless you don't have a SignaLink.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Friday, November 1, 2019, 6:52:26 PM CDT, Ray Wells <vk2tv@...> wrote:

I've had a great lack of success getting Jack/qjackctl to play with USB sound devices. The short version is it doesn't "see" the likes of CM108 and Behringer UCA202 USB sound devices. I understand the alsa loopback option is a way around this but I'm too old and grumpy to be creating convoluted sound configuration files (;->)

To shoot you in a different direction, Linux kernel AX25 has been able to use multiple programs with a single TNC/sound card since day one. Just give each program a different SSID and point them all at the same portname that's listed in axports. Or, If you're using Direwolf check out its AGW port option for multiple programs. This from the Direwolf User manual ...

4.3 AGW TCPIP socket interface
Dire Wolf provides a server function with the “AGW TCPIP Socket Interface” on default port 8000. Up to 3 different client applications can connect at the same time.

HTH
Ray vk2tv

On 2/11/19 10:20 am, David Rhoads wrote:
Hey Jason,

I don't know if you have heard of Jack. I have been fiddling with it a little lately for audio production work. It somehow acts as an interface between pulse audio and the applications. Then there's an application called jackctl I believe that lets you select which applications to send the audio to. I'm not sure if this would work for ham radio, but it's probably worth a shot.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 3:37 pm, km4ack <jason.oleham@...> wrote:
I want to use two different applications to monitor the same frequency at once with one USB sound card. I understand this can be done with "virtual sound cards" but have no idea where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

73, de KM4ACK
Find Me On Youtube