There are dozens of projects for an rtl-sdr dongle
and a raspberry pi.
- install direwolf, monitor APRS
- add a cheap 2m radio to the above, and make an aprs
- install pi-aware, and monitor the ADS-B signal from
- create a scanner for listening to your local
- cheap spectrum analyzer
- NOAA weather satellite receiver
- if you have an older car, record the lock/unlock codes
from it's key fob, and play it back with rpitx.. Next time
you lock your keys in the car, you'll be ready.
- add speakers, and use it as an FM radio
If none of those interest you, google for "Pi" and
"rtlsdr" and you'll find literally hundreds of project ideas.
welcome to SDR!