Re: download for RTL-SDR radio

Jeff Palmer

There are dozens of projects for an rtl-sdr dongle and a raspberry pi.

- install direwolf,  monitor APRS
- add a cheap 2m radio to the above, and make an aprs digipeater
- install pi-aware, and monitor the ADS-B signal from airplanes
- create a scanner for listening to your local police/fire/ems/taxis/other
- cheap spectrum analyzer
- NOAA weather satellite receiver
- if you have an older car, record the lock/unlock codes from it's key fob, and play it back with rpitx..  Next time you lock your keys in the car, you'll be ready.
- add speakers, and use it as an FM radio
- need a good source of random entropy (say for generating massive amounts of TLS certificates or other crypto things?)   check out https://github.com/pwarren/rtl-entropy

If none of those interest you,  google for "Pi" and "rtlsdr" and you'll find literally hundreds of project ideas.

welcome to SDR!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:39 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:
Hi

I have just received  an RTL-SDR radio with antenna kit to play with. So

I was thinking of using it with my laptop running Xubuntu, but thought

can I use my Raspberry PI. So anybody doing that I did a search on my

phone and found some hits, so I will be looking again but any hints?

Marty kd8bj

--
Jeff Palmer
Palmer IT Consulting, LLC.