Re: Pi as aWiFi hotspot in the shack?

Dennis Nelson

HI, what you could use is a DHCP server under the os. It's been a while, so you may want to look up the man or info pages on setting up
the server to the wireless. That would then make the pi the server. Dennis.

From: d29602960
To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:52 AM
Subject: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Pi as aWiFi hotspot in the shack?

Hi John,

Many thanks for your swift reply, unfortunately this is another example of extending an existing Internet connection. Quoting from the web-page....

"set up where on boot, it connects to the Internet through ethernet, and shares that connection over WiFi."
*** End-Quote ***

What I would like to do is make the raspi appear as though it is the Internet by serving-up its own pages wirelessly without connection to the wider Internet. A sort of stand-alone wi-fi Intanet server.

The serving of web-pages has turned out to be the easy part but finding pointers or a solution to making the pi "appear" as the sole provider of a web-page wirelessly has turned out to be problematic.

I suspect this will turn out to be something useful to others if I can find the solution. If I do I will post the results here.

Thanks again John for taking the time to post a reply.

73,s

Des (M0AYF)