Re: GPS time synchronization with several Pi's at different locations.

Max

Both warp speed navigation and sub-space communications require much better accuracy. That is one of the first things they teach you at the academy !

Max KG4PID

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 08:12:17 AM CDT, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

Pico-seconds? Seriously? You need something like a $100k+ Cesium-beam
clock to maintain that kind of accuracy. For a $35 computer? Basically
unrealistic if not unobtainium.

I have worked on systems in the past (mostly classified) that required
exceptional time accuracy, but even those were within a couple hundred
microseconds and VERY expensive.

Really curious, however, please explain the purpose of such a beast.
What on earth could possibly require that kind of time accuracy? I
seriously doubt even warp speed navigation or sub-space communications
needs that level of time synchronization.

Michael WA7SKG