Re: GPS time synchronization with several Pi's at different locations.

If one chooses a different product, the key is PPS. If the DRAWS™ HAT set of features are not wanted, there are other PPS solutions from folks like Adafruit's Ultimate GPS HAT, which also provide PPS.

NTPD to remote hosts are a lower Stratum than a GPS with PPS.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019, 21:06 Max via Groups.Io <kg4pid=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Why on earth would you recommend a $150 product just to get a GPS? While the DRAWS Hat is nice, it's way overpriced for what it does!

Max KG4PID

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 09:09:13 PM CDT, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

You want GPS with PPS like the DRAWS™ HAT (see: http://NWDigitalRadio.com/draws)

Or a GPSDO

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019, 18:54 Jeff Estal <jeff.estal@...> wrote:
I want to synchronize multiple raspberry pi's where each has it's own gps device.
They need to be extremely accurate. Something in the pico seconds range.

I have a cheap gps-usb device from Amazon and have been recieving data from it with python, but the time data only displays seconds always with .00 for any portion of the seconds which seems odd.

How might i approach this?
Is certain hardware better or worse?
When data is pulled from a gps device, is there timing considerations as to when to get the data or when to store it?
I"d probably need to also have a realtime clock to update.

thanks,