Re: Raspberry Pi 4 TNC-Pi Serial Issues

Vince A

@James
Possible corrupt SD O/S image? Are you using a Known good SD card and not a cheap fake? I only buy SD  direct from Sandisk online. Also, YACC has been in alpha stage for a very long time. https://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html (YAAC has not been past alpha test since 2012) Maybe this helps you maybe not? I thought I would throw this out there. 73

---
-During World War 1 & 2. Hams could not do what in the USA?
- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's CallSign?
73 Vince KD7TWW ":>
Thank you for your reply...

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM <va7cnd@...> wrote:
I have been trying to get my TNC-Pi working with my Pi 4. The TNC and Pi talk to each other and check out according to the Manual from Coast Chipworks.
However I can not get the TNC and the YAAC software to connect via serial. The device is selected as /dev/ttyS0 and Baud is 19200
When I try the Port Test I get a black screen.

I can get my Kenwood TH-d72 to connect to YAAC via a usb port on the Pi and it works fine. But I want to use a mobile for the APRS station.
John at Coastal has tried to help me and done a stellar job with customer service.

I think its a Pi 4 issue?

Any thoughts.

James VE7HJ