Re: Swap file expansion for FLDIGI on Raspberry Pi iv

I would suggest with 4gb it will probably not hit swap, just give it a try.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019, 12:07 Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

John

I have the Rpi iv with 4G of memory. I could be way off base but I thought that the swap file was a portion of the 4G memory that was used during the "compiling" of fldigi. One source I read says to reset the swapfile size from 1024 to 100 to reduce the number of writes by operating system and affecting?? the life of the flash based storage.

Joe

On 9/16/2019 11:40 AM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
That probably depends on how much RAM your Pi 4 has.?? Swap is just a place for the OS to place memory when there is insufficient RAM attached.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 7:49 AM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Is there still a the requirement to increase swap file size from 100 to
1024 when building fldigi on the Rpi 4 ?

Joe K3JV

Kingston, WA
K7VE

??