Re: APRS Digipeater, TNC Recommendations Please

If you read the User Guide for Direwolf, you will find that even though VOX is supported, it is not recommended and goes into explanation why.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 1:01 PM Charlie Kotan <ckotan@...> wrote:
Yaniv Eliash  Thanks for this discussion!  I learned a bunch.

I tried using Direwolf and Xastir with an RPi and $6 usb sound card. First with a Yaesu VX7, but the VOX delay was so long no packet ever got transmitted. I did not try a PTT using GPIO. Maybe later. Next with a Baofeng UV5, which works fine. I created an iGate port and it worked fine as Digi and iGate, so I disabled the iGate port. Works fine via VOX.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:53 PM Yaniv Eliash <yaniv@...> wrote:
So direwolf is the most recommended software based TNC
but what about the PTT control?

I didn't saw anyone mentions that and would like to hear your opinion on that
as one that would like to upgrade his IGATE to Digipeater.

Thanks

Kingston, WA
K7VE