Re: Naughty WSJT-X 2.0.0 causes black screen on RasPi-3B+

Marty Hartwell

Hi

You can set up a cron job to delete those files at one or several times during a 24 hour period

and save yourself some hassle.

A look at "man cron" may help with instructions on setup.

It has been a long time since I have done that.

Marty kd8bj

On 8/26/19 8:22 AM, rene wit de wrote:
Hello Group,

This issue is still present in WSJTX v2.1.0. I f you dont cleanup those .wav files (Delete all *.,wav and *.c2 files in /home/pi/local/share/WSJT-X/save) , the SD disk is being filled up.

73`s,

Rene, PA7R

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> on behalf of pa0rwt@... <pa0rwt@...>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 2:50 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io>
Subject: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Naughty WSJT-X 2.0.0 causes black screen on RasPi-3B+

My RasPi works hard 24/7 listening for WSPR en FT-8 signals from a FT450D and reporting them to WSPRnet and PSK-reporter. I control the RasPi from keyboard/monitor as well as remote with VNC and/or SSH.

This worked perfect until a few days ago when the monitor screen turned black and strokes on the keyboard had no effect. I could reach the Pi with VNC, but got the message that the screen was inaccesible, so useless.

Working with SSH turned out be normal and working on the CLI was still possible.

It turned out that the 8GB SD-card had 0 bytes space left. In the folder

home > pi > .local > share > WSJT-X > save

I found a great many WAV-files, although I never had instructed WSJT-X to save anything. After deleting all WAV’s everything was back to normal.

When I watched what happened inside the save-folder with Filemanager, I saw that the program generates WAV-files temporarely. But sometimes WSJT-X “forgets” to delete one, so after a night listening to FT-8 there were many WAV’s again. Don’t save was still checked.

What could I do to stop this irregular savings?

73, Robert

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.