Re: Rpi4 wspr wsjtx newbee

If you were using DRAWS™ HAT there are some good starting points in this message thread.  The scripts by N7NIX discussed there might be helpful getting newer versions of the applications up and running.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:23 AM Don - KM4UDX <dontAy155@...> wrote:
Hello!  Totally new to Pi world. I helping fellow ham set up Pi4 to run fldigi and Wsjtx controlling a KX2 into a 80-10  OCFD antenna.

My plan is to try and load Rasbian then figure out how to install wsjtx/fldigi.  Is there  something like a "software center" in rasbian where I search for the two apps, then download the packages and click to install? Is this how it works?

Sorry for being sort of cluess here. I have worked with Ubuntu/atomicPi/uBITX, but never rasbian/Rpi4/KX2. So this new stuff   make my palms clammy. Especially with someones else gear. Whannn.

Also, it looks like the Rpi4 doesn't have a RTC, which not an issue  if you boot on the network and it picks up the smpt time.  True?

Plan to use an external USB sound card for audio I/O.

The KX2 has a separate USB cat cable that does the PPT and freq change, etc. when hooked up to a win10 laptop.  Does the RPi4 work the same way? We just use the cat control cable between the Rpi4 and the KX2?

I think I know how to configure wsjtx/fldigi once they come up... fingers crossed.

Thank you for any help!!!

Don
Km4udx

Kingston, WA