Re: A Simple Portable Packet Station for Emergency Communications

Richard,

A very valid point.  The DRAWS™ HAT integrates a lot of functionality and is purpose built for the applications that use it.  Certainly one can build everything it offers, cheaper, given time and skill.  I was noting the 'no solder' desire and I fall largely into that category, especially for very small parts.  (I have monocular vision, so no depth perception and my good eye is aging).  I do solder slightly larger and less critical stuff :)

The observation is that when you take your DIY project to the club meeting, you will get a lot of "That's cool, can you make one for me?"

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Richard Bates <richard@...> wrote:
I think we're just comparing time vs money - my project took a little more tinkering but I saved $149.95. I acknowledge of course that the DRAWS card offers many other features, beyond what this simple project requires.

Kingston, WA
K7VE