Re: A Simple Portable Packet Station for Emergency Communications

Richard Bates

David

 - relay vs transistor - largely because I had a relay at hand - I didn't feel the delay difference was significant, compared to the 300ms Tx delay set in the TNC - also the relay ensured a clean short to ground - but I agree, a transistor would be fine

 - as to using the existing mini-jack - it was easier than making another hole in the RPi case - I didn't care about the RPi built-in audio-out, as I was using the USB sound adapter for both audio in & out

So - both just my choice - but I don't claim either are significant to the overall idea.

Richard