Re: Web Server Using Postfix #networking

Don - W9JUN

Good day!

Is the Raspberry Pi the email client or the email server? server

Are you saying that if you configure the email client to use the IP address vs. DNS name, that's the difference?  Or is the issue that one is the Internal IP address and the other is the external IP? If I use the local lan address for the PI the email client (which is on my phone) everything works fine with ports 25 and 110. If I use w9jun.ampr.org (44.48.210.1), the client doesn't setup.

As far as the dig command, I'm using a windows computer but here is the telnet info: My laptop is connected to my local router:

C:\Users\June>telnet w9jun.ampr.org 25
Connecting To w9jun.ampr.org... NOTHING

Got a connection to port 465
220 w9jun.ampr.org ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
ehlo w9jun.ampr.org
250-w9jun.ampr.org
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

Got a connection to port 110
+OK Qpopper (version 4.1.0) at w9jun.ampr.org starting.

If I switch to data on my cell I can connect to 25, 465, and 110.