From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> on behalf of Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:05 AM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Running a remote

The Pi is great for digital modes and remote work... I'm listening intently for an audio solution.

Interesting to note is remotehamradio.com.  I have no affiliation, but after looking at a few youtube videos, this seems like it is very very well polished.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 9:02 AM Jonathan Magee <jmagee@...> wrote:
Hi James
I haven't done full remote operations. I do use a Pi3 for digital modes and can connect to it using VNC so I don't need to worry about getting audio fto/from the Pi3 over a network. (I haven't used it over the internet yet, just around the house using my android tablet)

I was thinking giving his instructions ago to see if I can get it to work from a PC in the house to the Pi3 in the shack

73 de Jonathan GI7KMC

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 14:23, James Hertel <n6kmr@...> wrote:
Looking to run as a remote, with a Pi 3 for a friend, would there be any
programs that you all are aware of that would allow a internet
connection and operate a HF rig or even a TS 2000 with rig control etc.?

Have a fellow ham with restrictions ... so i can at least put him on the
air here. I know you can do it with Microsoft but not wanting to run
that on a large computer and since I have a Pi 3 available.... also we
are solar here too.

--
Damon A. Schaefer
K9CQB