Re: How to run Flrig, Fldigi & JS8Call @ the same time?

By "at the same time" do you mean simultaneously or do you mean have all of the programs available on the same Pi?  To run them all simultaneously on a single transceiver would require managing the different frequencies and modes, transmitter keying, etc.

Distributing the sound received or sent to the various programs simultaneously can possibly be achieved using Plus Audio on the Pi, with some fancy configuration.

If you are looking for stretch with these programs pre-installed, but still requiring configuration, you could start with the beta images at http://images.nwdigitalradio.com/downloads (current_beta.zip is an alias to the most recent beta, currently number 13).  The image is made to support the DRAWS™ HAT for the Raspberry Pi, but the programs should work with a USB soundcard (such as one built into a transceiver). Setup information is at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Image-getting-started

Example pulse audio setup files are at https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/split-channels

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:27 PM anthonyp via Groups.Io <anthonyp=protonmail.ch@groups.io> wrote:
I'm fairly new in using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ in the shack. I'm running Stretch desktop OS and I would like to be able to run Flrig, Fldigi, & JS8Call at the same time. Has anyone done this using a Pi? If you have done this, can you please provide to me some guidance to make this happen in my shack. I currently have a Kenwood TS590 and use a single USB cable to connect the Radio and Pi together.

Thank you,
--
Anthony - KD8QWH

Edmonds, WA