Re: Odd beep tone

John

If the radio you are using is a Baofeng model, take a look at the menu STE setting.  The default is ON.  However, this causes the transmitter to remain keyed for a moment after the radio is unkeyed.  I think that this may have to do with IDing in some countries, but I don't know for sure.  Anyway for packet use STE should be set to OFF.

John Hansen
Coastal ChipWorks

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 3:27 PM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
The TNC_Pi outputs a low tone when not transmitting. If you are hearing
that on air it suggests your radio is slow at turning off the
transmitter when PTT is dropped.

73,
John G8BPQ