Re: broken usb port

David Ranch <dranch@...>

This is a issue with the UBS ports on the PI. The Flightaware dongle has a powes light. If the  dongle is jiggled a bit the power light goes out and I lose connectivity to the Flightaware server. It will do this on all 4 Usb ports.

Since a physical movement flickers an LED, you have a mechanical problem.  Sounds like corrosion on the USB connectors or a cold solder joint.  I would recommend to replace the RPI or if you feel adventurous, try reflowing your Raspberry Pi with a heat gun.  I've done this before on a Playstation 3 and it worked but that's a lot more expensive than an $35 Raspberry PI

   Google --> Raspberry Pi repair with reflow and heat gun