Re: Problem with TNC-PI96K

cd /home/pi

chmod +x pitnc_getparams

chmod +x pitnc_setparams

This will make the programs executable. 

In my case,

./pitnc_getparams /dev/serial0 0

shows me the current settings.

I am using AX25 (https://github.com/la5nta/pat/wiki/AX25-Linux ) to access the TNC-PI96K.  I was having trouble getting the thing to transmit and receive until I changed /etc/ax25/axports to

wl2k    AF9W-6          19200   255     2       Winlink – PAT

Note the 19200 speed. 

I also installed ax25-apps

sudo apt-get ax25-apps

I can use

axlisten -art

to monitor what the TNC-PI96K hears and now it is copying APRS beacons from my D710A sending at APRS96.

Now just need to get another antenna in the air so I an try to connect to a local 96K Winlink RMS.

I have not qualified for my pointy hat with the stars on it as a Linux guru but I am stumbling through with the help of Google.

Bob AF9W

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Poaps
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 6:49 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Problem with TNC-PI96K

Bob

How did you start the parameters program. I downloaded and it’s unzipped in home/Pi directory. After that it said something about Chmod. There was nothing in the info as to how to get to that point.

Don va7dgp 

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:07 Bob AF9W <af9w@...> wrote:

Ok, I am feeling stupid.  AX25 had the serial port.  Once I stopped that, all is well - almost.  Still can't receive packets but that is a simpler problem. 
--
Bob AF9W

--

Don Poaps

New Westminster, BC

VA7DGP DATA

VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Subject://wl2k           

--
Bob AF9W

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.