cd /home/pi

chmod +x pitnc_getparams

chmod +x pitnc_setparams

This will make the programs executable.

In my case,

./pitnc_getparams /dev/serial0 0

shows me the current settings.

I am using AX25 (https://github.com/la5nta/pat/wiki/AX25-Linux ) to access the TNC-PI96K.  I was having trouble getting the thing to transmit and receive until I changed /etc/ax25/axports to

wl2k    AF9W-6          19200   255     2       Winlink – PAT

Note the 19200 speed.

I also installed ax25-apps

sudo apt-get ax25-apps

I can use

axlisten -art

to monitor what the TNC-PI96K hears and now it is copying APRS beacons from my D710A sending at APRS96.

Now just need to get another antenna in the air so I an try to connect to a local 96K Winlink RMS.

I have not qualified for my pointy hat with the stars on it as a Linux guru but I am stumbling through with the help of Google.

Bob AF9W