Re: Problem with TNC-PI96K

Don Poaps

My TNC-PI 96k just arrived in the mail.  Waiting for the electronic store to open on Tuesday. Family Day Holiday. I need to get some very small needle noise to remove the blue JP 1. I had a local ham put it together as my eyes and arthritis fingers don’t do what they use to do. He left it on the 9600 b

I too want to use it for Pat/Winlink.

73

Don va7dgp

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Bob AF9W <af9w@...> wrote:
I am trying to get a TNC-PI96K running with PAT to create a 9600 baud Winlink. When I first installed this I could run .pitnc_getparams and pitnc_setparams and I would get results.  I turned off the Pi to try 1200baud, moved the JP1 jumper, and rebooted the Pi.  Now when I try to run ./pitnc_getparams I get an error:

pi@af9w-pat:~/tnc-x $ ./pitnc_getparams 0 0
pitnc_getparams Version 0.0.0.5

Using Serial port /dev/ttyAMA0
tty_speed: tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Any ideas on how to get past this or even find out what the problem is?  Is this the correct forum to ask?

Bob AF9W

--
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC