Re: TNC-Pi9.6K to KISS TNC?

John G8BPQ

August,

The latest code is at http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/TeensyProjects.zip

John's code does actually use centre frequency for AFSK (1200 baud) packet, but defaults to 1700 if not set via setparams.

For packet the only difference is the addition of a calibrate command which sends flags for 10 seconds to help with setting TX level. Use pitnc_setparams to set register 15 to 3 to initiate this.

The other new feature is the addition of a sketch SoundCardPkt to run soundcard mode and packet mode simultaneously. The previous version included a SoundCard sketch  which basically allows the Teensy to look like a soundcard to the PC, with audio derived PTT, so you can run other sound card based modes with it. The new sketch allows both packet and soundcard to run at the same time. If you only want packet you should still use SM_Teensy.

73,
John

On 11/10/2018 14:39, August Johnson wrote:
John,

Where do I find the latest code? What's the difference between that and the code that John is distributing?

Thanks & 73,
August KG7BZ

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:30 PM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

August,

I don’t think the version John distributes uses centre frequency, but the latest code does, so it might be a good idea to set it. The value is in 10’s of Hz, so for the normal 1200 baud centre of 1700 you would enter 170. The parameter was added primarily for use with 300 baud packet, where changing centre freq is more common.

73,

John