Re: TNC-Pi9.6K to KISS TNC?

John G8BPQ

You just set the first 2 digits of the speed - 96 for 9600 or 12 for 1200

73, John

On 10/10/2018 02:21, August Johnson wrote:
OK, progress (of a sort). Got someone else to compile the Sketch for me and I loaded the HEX file. The Windows version of pitnc_getparams and pitnc_setparams communicates with the teensy on a COM port. A couple of the parameters don't seem to work right, here's what the baud rate looks like when set to 9600

D:\Users\KG7BZ\Documents>pitnc_setparams COM12 0 8 9600

Using Serial port \\.\COM12

   PIC Software Version           8
01 TXDelay - Zero means use ADC  20
02 Persistance                   64
03 Slottime (in 10 mS)          100
04 TXTail                         0
05 Full Duplex - Not used       255
06 Our Channel (Hex)             ff
07 I2C Address (0 = async) Hex   ff
08 Mode Speed                  12800
09 RX Level (Config)              0
10 TX Level                      30
11 RX Level (Actual)            255
13 Centre Freq                 2550
8 8 14 40 64 0 ff ff ff 80 0 1e ff ff 51 c0 sum 0

If I set to 1200 baud, I get 17600 on read back.

August KG7BZ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:30 PM Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...> wrote:
I suspected this but was not sure.  So just get a built TNCPI 9600 and it will work at 9600 or 1200 as a KISS TNC?  Would love to use a pair for Winlink.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:42 AM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

You don't need anything to plug into the TNC. It can use either the USB port or the Serial port on the Pi header. It can also be powered either from the header or the USB port.

73, John

On 09/10/2018 09:39, Ronny Julian wrote:
I would be very interested in something like this.  A simple card to plug into the TNC-PI 9600 to give a choice of USB or serial to a PC.  Something like this would boost sales of the boards.  Not everyone wants to run a Pi for everything.  Also the remaining 9600 baud TNCs out there are still way too high for me.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 3:14 AM John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

August,

Yes, the code supports using the USB port as a serial link to a PC. You'd need to edit a configuration file and rebuild the code to switch to it. There is a PC version of pitnc_setparams that can be used to configure things like radio baud rate (1200/9600) and TX and RX levels.

73, John G8BPQ

On 08/10/2018 21:59, August Johnson wrote:
Has anyone given thought to using the Teensy board from the TNC-Pi9.6K to make a plain KISS TNC so those of us running PCs can have a 9.6K TNC? I have a bunch of 9.6K capable data radios that I'd love to put into service on 9.6K.

It appears that the Teensy speaks KISS on it's serial port, could this also use the USB port to connect to PC?

Thanks,
August Johnson KG7BZ