Re: 9600 Baud TNC-Pi is now available

John G8BPQ

The 2400 support is AFSK and is compatible with UZ7HO's 2400 AFSK. I haven't had a great deal of success with it, but it is there for anyone who wants to try it.

Both ARDOP1 and ARDOP2 are available.

73, John G8BPQ

On 16/06/2018 20:36, John wrote:
David:

If I answer the third question I think it will take care of the others, so I'll start there.  All of the TNC-Pi projects that you've seen come out of Coastal ChipWorks are collaborations between John Wiseman (G8BPQ) and me.  This got started when John took the open source code that I had written for TNC-X and modified it to work with the Raspberry Pi.  That became TNC-Pi.  It actually took him several months for him to convince me this was worth pursuing because I didn't think there would be a market for it.  I was, of course, totally wrong.  So TNC-Pi9K6 is the latest thing to come out of his work.  The code that is loaded in as shipped and the ARDOP code are both available on the site you sited that is Johns.  I have not tried the 2400 baud mode yet (I don't think there will be a lot of call for it), and I don't know which flavor it is.

Hope this covers it.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

John W2FS

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM, David Ranch <dranch@...> wrote:

Very cool John and I know I was one of the 9600bps requesters from a long time ago!  A few questions if I may:

   1. Your URL states this boar also supports 2400bps.  Can you tell us what kind of modulation this is?  I assume this is a PSK-based mode but WHICH one?  MFJ had one a long time ago.  The Windows-based UZ7HO software TNC has two (one is it's own version and one that's compatible with Direwolf), and the multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) Direwolf has it's own 2400bps one too.  I personally would love to see compatibility with Direwolf.

   2. Is the ARDOP support going to be ARDOP v1 (current stable) or the bleeding edge v2?

   3. Is the Teensy board on this your new board compatible with the ARDOP Teensy code that G8BPQ is writing ( http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/TeensyProjects.zip )?  If it IS compatible, is the installation of G8BPQ's code "allowed" on your board or would it void your warranty?

On 06/16/2018 08:07 AM, John wrote:
If you have been waiting for the 9600 baud version of the TNC-Pi for Raspberry Pi, it is now available.  See:

John Hansen W2FS
Coastal ChipWorks