Re: Looking for USB Sound Card Recommendations

Isolation transformers can cause problems in some digital modem applications.

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Detrick Merz <detrick@...> wrote:
I've been tempted by, but leery of, the 5 or 10 packs of isolation transformers for $1-3 shipped from China. But you're saying you've used them with good results? Recently I picked up a pair of the cheapest 1:1 transformers I could find through Mouser (Bourns, SM-LP-5002, smt) but they're almost $3 each before shipping. I'm plenty happy with those Bourns transformers, but if the ones from China are satisfactory I'd like to pick up a bunch just to have them on hand.

-detrick
K4IZ

On Mon, May 7, 2018, 13:26 vbifyz <3ym3ym@...> wrote:
Syba SD-AUD20101 is still available on everybody's favorite online shopping site.
Not the high end, but very good value for its $11 price. Does stereo sampling from 8k to 96k 16-bit. Noise level is reasonable, no spurs. 96k sampling is real, not filtered to 20k bandwidth. Works under Raspbian and Windows 10, and everything in between.

To reduce the noise, I use isolation audio transformers on the soundcard input. They are dirt cheap on eBay, look for 600:600 Ohm variety.

73, Mike

Edmonds, WA
K7VE